Clearing the Google Mini’s stylesheet cache with proxy reload

I recently had to update a Google Mini to use a new stylesheet (built using XSLT) to reflect the college’s new web design. We have two front ends using the same stylesheet, and I applied it to both … but only one displayed it. The other was stuck with the older style sheet and no matter what I tried, it refused to display the new one.  Naturally my thoughts turned to some sort of caching issue, which led me to this Google Troubleshooting page:

There I found the solution to my problem: the proxy reload.  Essentially, by adding the text “&proxyreload=1″ to the end of a Google Mini query string, you can force it to dump its stylesheet cache and reload the XSLT stylesheet. Once I did this, the problem was fixed.