Thanks for visiting the DHSS Program website!
I am happy to announce that the 2022 DHSS Final Digital Research Project Presentations recordings are now available to view! Thank you so much if you were able to attend one or both of the live presentation days via Zoom, we truly appreciate your support of the program. If you were unable to attend, or want to check them out again, I hope that you enjoy these presentation recordings.
I am still updating the DHSS website with the 2022 Summer Scholars’ bios, photos, and project descriptions, but links to their project pages are embedded in the schedule below, just click on the name of their project.
Please click on the presentation day to gain access to the recording:
DHSS Final Digital Project Presentations, Day One
Wednesday, 6/22/22: 10 am – 12 pm:
- Baris Yazici – Refugee Crisis in Turkey: Exploring the Public Perception
- Maya Nylund – Race and Representation in Counterfactual Speculations of Slavery
- Emily Ortiz – Queer Caribbeans: Art and Activism
- Sidath Chandrasena – Early Sri Lankan Migration to Australia
DHSS Final Digital Project Presentations, Day Two
Friday, 6/24/22: 10 am – 12 pm:
- Socheata Huot – The transition of Phnom Penh city: Buildings development in the Contemporary City
- Trang Tran – A glimpse at the Second Indochina War (the Vietnam War) through Vietnamese vs. American public documents
- Swetha Tadisina – Rail, Reel, and Telegraph — Technology and its Optics in 19th c. British India
- Shirel Salinas – Investigating Indigenous Language Revitalization in Ecuador
DHSS 2023 is right around the corner! Please come back for details on the application process beginning at the start of the spring semester!
Angela Perkins, DHSS Director (2018-Present)