Thanks for visiting the DHSS Program page! I am happy to announce that the 2021 DHSS Final Digital Research Project Presentations recordings are now available to view! Thank you so much if you were able to attend the presentations, and I hope that you enjoy watching these presentations here now whether or not you were able to see them synchronously. I am so proud of all the incredible work that the Scholars have done for six weeks this past summer (and for the first time for a DHSS cohort, during the two weeks of the DHSS Idea Incubator this past spring semester), and I appreciate you taking the time to support them by viewing their presentations.
I am still updating the DHSS website with the Scholars’ bios, photos, and project descriptions, but I have linked to their project pages in the schedule below. Just click on the name of their project to check it out.
Please click on the presentation day to gain access to the recording:
- Ali Sultan Sikandar: Unsung Heroes Of The Indian Subcontinent Partition
- Sarah Scally: In The Manner of The Marquis Literary Magazine
- Olivia Newman: The Impact of Hebrew School Education on Young Jewish American Opinion on Israel-Palestine
- Isaiah Moore: Urban Agriculture and Activism: A Case Study of Detroit
- Catherine O’Connor: Individualism and Collectivism: An American and Indonesian Comparison and Analysis on Federal Government Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Mariatou Coulibaly: welcome to our house: an exploration of queer world-making in New York City’s underground ballroom culture
- Meltem Pelin Çetin: The City: Byzantium, Byzantion, Constantinople, and Istanbul
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about these presentation recordings or about the DHSS Program!
Angela Perkins, DHSS Director (2018-Present)