Difficulty of Plagiarism

After the exercise on Tuesday, I wonder how plagiarism is still thought to be the “easy way out.” After all, all the work it takes to disguise a work as your own is significantly more tedious than  writing your own paper. Not to mention the inherent risks with doing so. The issue I came across was finding segments that expressed what I wanted to say, that was the underlying problem that made it difficult. I already had my own ideas and views on my topic, so I knew what i wanted to write. Finding someone else that thought and wrote the same way was difficult, and even if I did find such a work, to be able to take a segment and add it to my own work almost never worked out.

2 thoughts on “Difficulty of Plagiarism

1. Brittany Kulcsar Post author

I agree that plagiarism seems to be the tougher route to take when it comes to writing a paper. Rather than plagiarizing and having to fret about whether or not you will get caught, it seems simpler and easier to just write something yourself.

Reply
  2. rauc Post author

I agree that plagiarism was definitely harder to do than just doing the research and writing the paper in your own words. I think that this way of plagiarism is not the typical way that most plagiarize however. Most people seem to plagiarize by simply taking an entire essay that someone already has wrote.

Reply