Marilyn Manson and the Paparazzi

Because of the world we live in we are all familiar with the role of paparazzi in our society. They capture images of celebrities without their permission for publication. From a copyright standpoint these images are the property of the magazines that the paparazzi sell them to. I have posted previously about photography taken without permission and the copyright laws regarding such practices. Because you can’t sue every paparazzi and every tabloid magazine that publishes your picture celebrities usually use other means to ensure privacy like wearing masks or covering their faces.

Marilyn Manson uses a different approach. He writes the word fuck on his face so the magazines can’t publish the photos. I suppose this is more convenient compared to wearing a mask but you will probably get some looks at starbucks. Then again if your Marilyn Manson you probably don’t care.

3 thoughts on “Marilyn Manson and the Paparazzi

1. mannap Post author

This is an interesting point. I wonder what other crazy things celebrities have done in the past to avoid having their pictures taken. In regards to Marilyn Manson, I can’t say I would frown upon what he is doing. After all, it must get annoying having cameras in your face while you are trying to order coffee.

Reply
  2. Brittany Kulcsar Post author

I think that this is an extremely gutsy thing for Marilyn Manson to do, but that it has obviously paid off and worked well for him. I wonder if there are any other celebrities who have made use of tactics such as this to ward off paparazzi, or if Marilyn Manson is alone in this strategy.

Reply
  3. ashnaulb Post author

I think this is hilarious and a great way to make a point. It’s witty and makes the point that Marilyn Manson is fed up with the tabloids and related publications. There have to be more realistic and less vulgar ways of doing this though.

Reply