Tuesday’s Class

When I first learned we were going to have class in the library on Tuesday to look at old texts, I think it is safe to say that I was not amused.  I went into the class with little to no enthusiasm. After having read all about the infancy period of books, looking at them just seemed like such a dull activity.  However, I was pleasantly surprised by Tuesday’s class. I ended up really enjoying seeing the different texts and comparing them in real life to the imagines I had imagined.  As people have previously stated, the egyptian scroll was definitely very cool, as were seeing texts that were printed next to texts that were handwritten.

4 thoughts on “Tuesday’s Class

1. cantorb Post author

I too was happily surprised to see how interesting Tuesday’s class was. It was a good supplementary lesson to the readings in “The Book”.

Reply
  2. ashnaulb Post author

My enthusiasm for the class on Tuesday is shared however I wasn’t sure what to expect. It turned out to be intriguing viewing how information was written and shared thousands of years ago. This class also succeeded in enforcing the reading because it is difficult to picture exactly what papyrus looks like without actually seeing. To conclude, Tuesdays class was both useful, interesting and informative.

Reply
  3. wrightka Post author

I, also, really enjoyed Tuesday’s class. I left class feeling as if I learned something not only useful but actually really interesting. The papyrus scroll was extremely unique and I felt a slight bit of honor knowing someone felt our school would be the best place to preserve it. I am now really looking forward to going back to the library and learning about our written history.

Reply
  4. filipekc Post author

The library trip on tuesday was definitely interesting. It seems sort of baffling that without this course we might not have seen any of the library’s private collection or even known that the those resources were available to us.

Reply