How to get stuff into video: some ideas, including video tutorials and examples. A bit of a mishmash; perhaps I’ll post again after I’ve done a few. [Update: skip to the bottom for a better list from an online teaching pro.]
- Seems to be either EDpuzzle or PlayPosit, according to this quick post on the demise of Caption. Great ideas here, too.
- quick video intro to Snagit from the EDpuzzle folks (with a caveat on Google Chrome and Java in the second video: use Safari or Internet Explorer, instead).
- The replies to this query have lots of ideas, including H5P, although PC Magazine didn’t like it so much. Similarly, Screencastify.
Here are some comparisons, which you could read, but the video is useful, isn’t it?
- Although Zaption isn’t around anymore, still some useful ideas here.
- Visia, both via Quora and directly—with fun video!
- In favor of EDpuzzle: history tech, highlighting Google Classroom connections.
- Many, many alternatives here, including PresentationTube (not for Mac, though) and Adobe Presenter (monthly fee).
All of the above, and more, at Teaching in Higher Ed.