How the poor were affected in 2008

I found it very interesting how even though these companies lost tons of money, their CEOs were still walking away with a large salary. I also found it interesting the director decided to make the point how the poor were the ones that were affected more because they lost their houses, jobs, and income. At one part in the film, the director said “the poorest pay the most” which I find to be very accurate. I also found it interesting how the director made the point how Bush made tax cuts for the top 1% but they were not the ones being affect. It seemed that the poor were not helped during this situation and no one really did anything to help them.

2 thoughts on “How the poor were affected in 2008”

1. I feel the documentary would have been more convincing if it included the memories of people who lost their jobs and struggled during the recession of 2008.It’d have been more effective to see their reaction on how the recession which cost them their jobs, benefited the high-income CEO’s even more and more.From the view of audience, including these people’s opinions would have made documentary’s message more convincing.

2. I think the documentary should have shown more of the normal, working class people who got fired and a lost a lot during this crisis. He was very focused on the rich which are less relatable to the audience.