JFK Opening

The scene that make the most impact of the film on me was the beginning scene while opening credits were still rolling. To me, you could know very minimal about JFK and his disastrous decision in Pay of Pigs or his idea to send military advisors over in Vietnam, but still manage to create a correct historical image of him by the time the scene of everyone in the bar came on. To me, this is extremely important because it is the precedent that sets up the feeling in the US after the shooting. The combination of old and new film to be has always been interesting, and it gives me a new respect for the progression of media. Likewise, it gives me a new found respect of progression of the unraveling mystery of JFK’s murder because like a historical image, the use of old film showing his wife and kids also reaches down to a personal level creating him as not only a president, but a father and husband as well.

3 thoughts on “JFK Opening”

1. I also found the opening very interesting. Using old fotage really helped intrigue and capture the viewers attention. I feel that in movies, the most important part is the beginning because it sets the scene for how the rest of the movie is going to be. I also felt the director did a good job capturing how JFK was killed.

2. I think Stone did a great job with the opening as well. It gives the audience quick background on JFK and his presidential actions. It also sets up a little controversy behind JFK which helps explain the mixed reactions of the people in the post assassination bar scene.

3. I definitely connected with the opening of JFK. You get a glimpse of every important aspect of JFK’s life before the movie even begins. It sets the tone for how important this man was and how much we really may not know about his presidency and death