3 Replies to “Internet Security (Ezra Keough)”

1. Ezra,

Your slidecast was very interesting! I have to say, when I first saw that your topic was Internet security, I did not think it would be too interesting. However, you did a wonderful job! I enjoyed how you began by talking about security of communications (for example, mail) in general in the beginning. Then you described some of coding like Morse code which I found very relatable. I was afraid that talking about Internet security would be very technically over my head. However, you did a great job transitioning into the different types of security and how this could be put in danger through bugging and hacking. I never really thought about how important cyber security is. For example, I have so much of my personal information saved on my computer. In addition, I am constantly buying things online through my credit card. However, until watching your slidecast, I have not really thought about how dangerous that could be. I also really enjoyed how you talked about a Lafayette Alumnus that created the company Fire Eye inc. Overall, I think you did a great job, well done!

2. Ezra,

Great job! In a public policy course last semester, I actually did an extensive policy analysis on internet security and I had similar findings to you. I liked how you brought in examples such as Mesopotamia, morse code, and encryption in general. I thought it was great how you acknowledged the large and small scale importance of internet security; that it could happen to a government or even to a single person with their bank accounts. I think it was also great how you brought in pop-culture, because internet security is a topic that is brought up often in movies, tv shows, video games, etc. Snowden is also an excellent example to use, one that I use in my policy analysis as well. I think you could have done a little more to tie the concepts you brought up back to what we’ve learned in class over the course of the semester, however I think you did a great job of explaining the ideas you presented in your slidecast. I loved how you brought in a Lafayette connection to the topic, it’s very cool to have such a big name in internet security come from here. Great job!

3. Ezra,

First off I just wanted to say that you have a great voice for narratives. You do a great job at enthusiastically addressing the audience, which is a major factor in making sure your audience is interested. The pictures you choose also did a great job at complementing your voice very well, as the two go hand and hand to tell a very nice story. Onto the actual content, and I thought that was great too. “Internet Security” is something that is said a lot today, but few people actually know what that means. Frankly up until this year, I was just aware of the term, not knowing the little details. But you did a great job at informing your listener, and personally speaking I can say I know a lot more about internet security now than I did before watching this. One final thing I wanted to say was I can really see the improvement here from the last slidecast. I know you struggled with using the ppt voice over command and exporting it as a movie, but here I didn’t find any technical difficulties what so ever.

Good stuff my man!

Mike