2 Replies to “Nanorobotics (James Hoffmann)”

1. Jimmy,

Wow! You did a great job explaining such a complex topic. I enjoyed this slidecast because it covered a wide range of topics and was very educational. I particularly enjoyed your analogy on the transistor being a brain cell and the integrated circuit being the brain of a nanorobot. I thought another strong point of your slidecast was your explanation of the history of nanotechnology and the progress this type of technology has made since its inception. I learned a lot about the history of nanorobotics in this slidecast as I was not aware that this technology began with Bell Labs and a semi-conductor signal amplifier. A few critiques for you is that the audio on the video begins extremely loud and then goes extremely soft after about a minute, you talk very fast, and the video runs a bit over the 6:40 mark. It was a very informative video and I understand that you had to fit a lot of information into such a short time period, maybe this could have been solved with narrowing down your topic and information. Otherwise, great video! I learned a lot and it seems to be a very promising technology!

2. Hey Jimmy,

I thought you did a great job at explaining what nanotechnology is and why it is applicable today. I don’t know too much about its applications, therefore I thought it was really refreshing that you were able to explain it so clearly and concisely. I also thought you did a great job at putting nanotechnology on a trajectory towards the future- that is predicting where it will go from here. We can clearly see all of the inventions that it has inspired, the question is what will come next? The only thing that I saw that was problematic was the different audio levels. At certain points, your voice was much louder than at others, which was difficult to follow. I also would begin the slidecast with some sort of introduction. Like “Hi this is jimmy and today I will be discussing nanotechnology”. Other than these minor details, I thought you did awesome!

Mike