2 Replies to “Drones (Daniel Gonzalez)”

1. Hi Daniel, great job on your slidecast! It had a very nice flow to it and was easy to follow and understand. You were able to successfully take us through history and show the progression of the drone to where it is today. I liked in the beginning when you talked about the different phases of drone evolution. I wish you had gone a little more in depth into each phase because I thought this really added to the context aspect of the history of the drone. I also liked how you included the part about radio technology being a necessary predecessor. To improve your slidecast, I would have added a couple other previously existing technologies that lead to the creation of the drone. You did a great job connecting the human values that are incorporated in the drone, I thought this really added to your slidecast. Overall you did a great job, and I definitely learned a lot about drones.

2. Hey Daniel,
    Nice job explaining the history of drones and the social contexts that molded their various roles in society. The moral complications of the utilization of drones in warfare is certainly an interesting topic that will be heavily debated in future conflicts. I liked how you connected the development of remote control technology to the construction of modern drones. One aspect you could have expanded upon is how various advancements in technology, such as guided missile systems, played a role in the changing role of drones throughout history. You mention dynamic targeting, it would have been interesting to map the introduction of systems that made this possible alongside the development of the drone. The pace of the video and the tone of voice used throughout the video is very good, nice job on the video production. You did a great job connecting the role of government and social values to the various roles drones have played throughout recent human history. It is really very difficult to explain such a complex topic that is dependent upon so many subsystems in 6:40. Nice job at maintaining consistency with your approach!