Hearings for seating placement occur at the beginning of the fall semester as outlined below.
Note: Percussionists do not audition. If you are interested in playing in the Percussion Section, fill out the Audition Request Form, and indicate that you are a percussionist. Be sure to indicate your experience with keyboard percussion.
Seating Auditions for Fall 2021
Only incoming students will audition for placement. If you are returning to the LCCB, I will place you without an audition.
For incoming students: please follow the procedure below. Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 28 and Sunday, August 29. Auditions begin at 1:00 pm and end at 5:00 on both days.
The procedure and requirements for auditions are as follows:
- 5 major scales of your choice, 3 harmonic minors; as fast as possible
- 2 Broken Thirds scales
- Choose one of the excerpts
The audition materials can be found in the LCCB Technique Books posted below.
Trombonists: Please prepare the scales (two octaves if possible) and one brief solo excerpt (a solo or an example from technique books is ok…just not popular music).
The auditions will be held in Williams Center for the Arts room 234. It is important that you arrange your schedule to accommodate these times. Schedule your audition as early as possible.
- Complete the Audition Request Form. Complete a form for each instrument you are interested in playing.
- I will schedule your time and post it in the audition schedule. Check here frequently.
- Arrive early enough to warm up comfortably before your audition.
- Preparation is very important. Please do not sight read your entire audition.
LCCB Technique Books: (Available Soon)
Clarinet (All Clarinets)
Saxophone (All Saxophones)
Trombone / Euphonium (Coming Soon)
If you need to postpone your audition, contact me as soon as possible.