Hearings for seating placement occur at the beginning of the fall semester as outlined below.
Note: Percussionists do not audition. If you are interested in playing in the Percussion Section, fill out the Audition Request Form, and indicate that you are a percussionist. Be sure to indicate your experience with keyboard percussion.
Seating Hearings for 2018-2019
Only incoming students will audition for placement. If you are returning to the LCCB, I will place you without an audition. Please contact me if you would like me to consider moving your placement.
For incoming students: please follow the procedure below. Auditions will be held on the Sunday before the first day of classes (August 27, 2016) beginning at 3:00 p.m.
The procedure and requirements for auditions are as follows:
- A short solo piece which demonstrates technique and musicianship. This can be solo classical repertoire (of any level), but should not be a pop song.
- Sight Reading
The auditions will be held on Monday, September 3, 2018 beginning at 3:00 p.m. in Williams Center for the Arts room 234. It is important that you arrange your schedule to accommodate these times. Schedule your audition as early as possible.
- Complete the Audition Request Form. Complete a form for each instrument you are interested in playing.
- I will schedule your time and post it in the audition schedule. Check here frequently.
- Arrive early enough to warm up comfortably before your audition.
- Preparation is very important. Please do not sight read your entire audition.
If you need to postpone your audition, contact me as soon as possible.