brainstorming

As someone who is not a big fan of eBooks I’m considering looking at how they are important today and what benefits they have.  In today’s world where we are in constant communication with others and where multi-tasking has become the norm, eBooks allow us to read more easily, cheaply and quickly.  They allow us to divulge in multi-tasking while also promoting reading. Kids today are often more enthralled by the words on a screen than the words on a piece of paper.  eBooks provide an easier way to search within books and annotate as well. I am constantly seeing more and more people with eBooks and their importance is growing in our culture.

2 thoughts on “brainstorming

1. Brittany Kulcsar Post author

I agree that ebooks do have some extremely beneficial qualities to them that make them superior to paperback books.

Reply
  2. Abigail Williams Post author

I wonder if the ability to multi-task is beneficial though. Texts, emails, and advertisements cannot pop up on a page of the book. Hard copy books might make it easier for readers to focus instead of always being on the edge waiting for the latest announcement or instant communication.

Reply