Thursday’s Class

Thursday’s class at the workshop had me think about the art of writing.  Watching the printing press in action and learning about the immense amount of effort required to create a four line poem, I felt as if writing used to have more qualities than the words themselves.  The printing press made writing more personal than printed writing today because of the effort required and the ability to express oneself with subtle altercations.  From painting to cleaning the scrolls, the printing press requires a considerable amount of diligence and passion for writing.

2 thoughts on “Thursday’s Class

1. massiek Post author

You can really feel all the effort that goes into the printing process when you hold the physical print in your hands. You can even feel the print of the words raised out of the page.

Reply
  2. mortatia Post author

I think you have to be really passionate about writing and spreading the written word to continually operate a printing press and I think that passion is transmitted through the page. I definitely agree that you can feel the effort when you hold the physical print.

Reply