In the Future

I was thinking about the discussion regarding books becoming digitalized in the future when I began to wonder if this would truly be possible. After all, an era were to come where all books are digitalized, power outages would pose a much larger problem than they do today. Power outages are fairly common, as I imagine they will be for a long time to come. If books were only to be digitalized, then something as simple as the power going out for several days would pose a much larger problem than it does today. For this reason, I feel that books will never truly disappear from the public. Not only are they readable even in during times of technology crisis, but I feel they are really the only way to ensure that our knowledge will be passed down to future generations even in a post-apocalyptic world, where digital books would likely be impossible to access.

One thought on “In the Future

1. filipekc Post author

I agree that paper books will never fully disappear from public domain. However, I wonder if book stores will be outbeaten by internet book sellers such as amazon. The way books are sold could become entirely digitized.

Reply