Central Park Five

I watched this documentary after the presentations on Tuesday and was very intrigued by the whole incident. I thought that it was a very strong and compelling documentary that really captured my attention. I couldn’t help to be frustrated with the way the five were being treated when brought into questioning and how the detectives handled the whole situation. It reminded me of the Amanda Knox case in which the officials questioned the suspect for long hours, breaking them down and exhausting them in order to get the report they wanted. The case was mishandled and as a result five lives will never be the same.

2 thoughts on “Central Park Five”

1. I was also frustrated how the detectives handled the situation. I feel like in today’s society it is so easy to accuse someone of something without actually having any serious evidence. Due to the pressure these kids received I would also confess to something I did not due because they would mentally destroy me. We are getting better with digital information like surveillance cameras but our society, especially detectives, need to stop assuming.

2. I also watch that whole process and was extremely disappointed with how the whole situation was dealt with. The main reason that the police decided to put so much pressure on to these young men was because they had so much pressure on themselves. This was a huge event and everyone wanted it to be dealt with quickly. Due to the pressure that was placed on to them, it caused them to feel like they had to put the blame onto someone. Instead of handling it the way they did. They should have put more time into finding the people that actually did it instead of trying to force the evidence to work on these young men.