Improving the house I live in

Even though the documentary The House I Live In did a phenomenal job of highlighting the current problems within the war against drugs, one thing I especially admired about the film is how it left off giving the audience an idea of what the next steps were towards the future. I agree completely with the idea that if the US wants to make a serious impact in the war against drugs, it should start where the problem beings by building up the economy around the areas where their aren’t a lot of job opportunities available to keep the kids off the streets. Also, to inform people who are vulnerable to drug abuse the effects it could have on their, and their families, lives. There is one program like this that was very evident in my middle school called D.A.R.E (I’m sure most of you have heard about it) informing kids about the dangers of becoming under the influence. It’s nice to know that already there have been these steps in the right direction, but we as a country should keep walking to eventually get the problem taken care of once and for all.