A good source: USWNR Water News
- ACOE, DRBC, and NYC are currently doing a feasibility re-evaluation study for Francis E. Walter Dam and Reservoir on the upper Lehigh River, possibly allowing releases from this reservoir for controlling the salt line on the Delaware. This is controversial in our area – why should NYC have a say in how the Lehigh River watershed is managed!?!? There is a long history of animosity toward NYC in the Delaware River basin. Later this spring we will visit Beltzville Dam and talk with the ACOE engineer that operates the reservoirs for flood control.
- CA water supply outlook
- National snowpack monitoring network
- New interpretation of WOTUS means less protection for streams
- Massive dam project threatens Egypt’s control over the Nile
- An Amazon case study on distributed water supply.
- Coronavirus is *not* in the water.
- The Coronavirus pandemic – is water a basic right?