Entry 1- How This Blog Got It’s Name

I can’t remember a time in my life when I didn’t love theater. One of the many things I love about Lafayette is how I can continue to be a part of it. In the past four semesters I have been backstage for six shows including being an assistant stage manager for three of the productions. As much as I enjoyed being a part of every show, I hadn’t considered attempting to act on the main stage instead. In fact, the idea scared me. I have acted before, but only in a couple of smaller productions.

With all of that said, we come to the main topic of this blog. One of the productions College Theater is planning to put on this coming semester is The Merchant of Venice. For those of you reading this who don’t know me very well, I am a huge Shakespeare fan. In fact, the last time I even had a main role in a play was in high school, when I played Ophelia in the Shakespeare Club’s production of Hamlet. For this reason, I plan to audition for my first main stage play. Having never been on the acting side of things for a production this big, I don’t completely know what to expect. So, I will catalogue my journey here. If I get a part, then I hope to post both how I am doing with managing my stage fright as well as how I hope to “develop my character.” However, If I don’t then I still plan to document how the production process is going, as I would then plan to work backstage.

“Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you!”