“Mad Men” and a mad quote for education

draper
Donald Draper picture available from American Movie Classics, "Mad Men" site.

Donald Draper, the main character in the tragically smoky drama “Mad Men,” has a way with words to which I sometimes aspire. While talking with his partner about a client that thinks they want younger copywriters on their project, Draper senses the clients simply want what their competition is doing. To which Draper responds:

Success is related to standing out, not fitting in. One wants to be the needle in the haystack, not the haystack.

I’d like to find more needles (read engaging teaching and learning; administrators, teachers, and parents who “get it”) in our schools.

68 thoughts on ““Mad Men” and a mad quote for education

1. A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a little bit evaluation on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra details? It is highly helpful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog post!

2. Hi.
    I want to tell you thqt I’m visiting your site for a long tie and you share very good content.
    I shared your latest post on twitfter andd got a lot of posiotive feedbacks.

Waitinbg for your next article

3. Rulet oynamak herkes için ayrı bir zevktir. Lütfen bu oyunu oynarken casino oyunlarının en güzeli olduğunu da unutmayın. Rulet oyunları artık çeşit çeşit. Kimisi canlı rulet oynuyor kimisi ise makine ruleti oynuyor. Lightning rulet diye bir şey çıktı o ise bambaşka bir şey. Eğer rulet taktikleri ve hileleri hakkında bilgi almak istiyorsanız https://www.mado-iq.com/rulet-taktikleri-hileleri sayfasına göz atabilirsiniz.

4. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog.

5. I believe that good design increases quality of life. believe in the healing power of plants, color, fresh air and good light. I believe that creativity, not wealth, is the key to having an amazing home. Decorate wild! mount abu escort

6. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article.

7. Hello I am a student who runs a blog with similar content to your website. Your website has a lot to learn. If you have time, I would appreciate it if you visit my blog and leave your feedback. Thank you. Have a good da
    일본경마
    magosucowep