Some fairly recent activities …
- Exploring Mathematics: An Engaging Introduction to Proof, with John Meier, was published in 2017 by Cambridge University Press. If you’re looking for an introduction to theoretical mathematics, give it a try!
- Lafayette’s REU Program in Mathematics, Statistics, and Applied Mathematics was a great success in the summer 2019.
- I’ve been using 3D printing for hands-on activities in my in-person classes, especially in multivariable calculus. Here are slides (18M), and a condensed version of the corresponding class assignment, from a presentation that I gave at a regional MAA meeting.
- I’m engaged in some interesting research in fractal geometry (with Ethan Berkove and several students) and in graph theory and knot theory (with Lorenzo Traldi and Bill Watkins), among other projects. Here’s a recent draft of my CV.
- Rest in play, JHC. He was a great friend and mentor; I am so very lucky to have had the chance to work with him.
- To my students from 2020 … thank you. Thank you for your flexibility, your curiosity, your patience, your perseverance, your honesty, and everything else that you brought to such a challenging year. I wish you and your families a healthy 2021!
Email (over on the right) is the best way to contact me.