Summer 2012 News

Hi everyone! It seems like fall is already here since many Scholars are already living in the House, but it feels like high summer in the backyard! The drought hit the hydrangeas a bit but the recent rains we have had have perked everything right up.

Canna lilies on my back porch are just getting started. I got the original plant (singular!) last August at the farmers' market. Some newer transplants from my brother's house upstate (lemon balm, rudbeckia, Jerusalem artichokes, day lilies) are just beginning to take.

Some very exciting news and a congratulations are in order. Our very own Christa Martinez ’13 has won a national scholarship for her photography. Read all about it here. McKelvy is full of artistic talent, as demonstrated in our pumpkin carving extravaganza in October. Congrats Christa!

In other news, the second phase of the garden renovations will be under way starting Monday, with some preparatory work at the front of the House. McKelvys and I have met with the landscape architects and are thrilled to see those plans being implemented. Pics to come!