The work authorization workshops for this semester have ended. For information on CPT and OPT and other immigration related issues, Janine can always be reached for questions at x5546 or at email@example.com. More information on Janine’s availability can be found here.
Our International Student Advisor, Janine Block, will hold two workshops on work authorization for F-1 students this semester.
Information on Curricular Practical Training (CPT) will be presented on Sunday, February 1st before our February General Body Meeting in Keefe Commons. The workshop begins at 2 pm and will be followed by the meeting at 3 pm.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Lafayette’s Internship Policies and how they fit in CPT authorization
- How to apply for CPT
- What to do if you don’t qualify for CPT, but still want to work off campus
Information on Optional Practical Training (OPT) will be presented on Monday, February 23rd. The workshop begins at 5:30 pm and will be held in 101 Hogg Hall.
The process of applying for OPT takes 3 steps:
- Schedule an appointment with Janine between February 9th and February 20th to obtain the required I-20.
- Gather all you application documents, including two passport pictures.
- Come by Hogg on February 21st to make copies and prepare your application for mailing.
IMPORTANT: The OPT Workshop that was to be held on Saturday, Februray 21st has been postponed for Monday, February 23rd, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm in Hogg Hall due to the inclement weather.