Be the Marquis

Marquis CUTOUTYour face. My hair. Our spirit.

That was our audacious plan this summer to make the world aware of our shared connection and prove that the Cur Non spirit was alive and well. Ah, but the question remained — would anyone be bold enough to don my regal wig cutout and accept the challenge to be the Marquis?

The answer at Hermione ports of call all along the North American eastern seaboard (and at Lafayette Reunions) was a resounding yes! Hundreds stepped up to have their pics snapped and shared in social media using #BeTheMarquis and #Hermione. We gathered many of these go-getters together in the interactive collage below. Hover over your favorites to get a closer look!

Didn’t make it to any of the Hermione ports? Bummed about missing out on all the fun and frivolity? Fret not. Your chance remains. Just print out my cutout and procure a pic in any place named in my honor—a city, street, tavern or your dear collegiate stomping grounds. In fact, you can—and should—be the Marquis anywhere. For wherever the Cur Non spirit is strong, I am there. And have been since your founding.Lila_Silver_Marquis

Truth be told, your Marquis hasn’t missed a big Lafayette event in decades. And I have the photos to prove it. Convocation. Commencement. The first class of women. The 150th game (I’m still giving it to Asa Packer’s ghost after our historic win at Yankee Stadium!) You name it.

For those who will label me a Cur Non photobomber of historic proportion, I accept your judgment. But I prefer to think of it as simply “sharing the spirit.” 1000 point photobomb

You might also enjoy my musings about the Cur Non spirit and Hermione voyages old and new, taking flight daily via that wondrous bird, Twitter. Judge me not vain that I would welcome your follows and likes.

Now I shall take my leave such that your spirit too has the freedom to roam both the ship and all that is captured in our social media tide.