"eating is an agricultural act" --Wendell Berry, The Pleasures of Eating

Amazing Man Gives Leftovers to the Hungry

This is an amazing article to read during the holidays. Ben Simon, 24 years old created a non-profit organization, Food Recovery Network, that takes leftover food from college campuses and distributes it to impoverished and hungry community members. He voices his opinion that America’s biggest environmental issue is the fact that we produce too much food when it’s not necessary. What started his appreciation for food recovery was when he was a student at University of Maryland, and he spotted staff throwing away so much perfectly good food that he decided to start an initiative to fix that. Awesome read, I highly recommend.

This entrepreneur turns leftover cafeteria food into hot meals for hungry people

1. sex doll

cosplay sex doll Japanese Men Are Increasingly more liable to Get a Genuine Sex Dolls

2. ラブドール

ラブドール 100cm これは、特にブロゴスフィアに不慣れな人にとっては良いヒントです。簡潔ですが非常に正確な情報…これを共有していただきありがとうございます。必読の記事!

3. Christine Almer

I think this is a really cool idea. It’s important to start these types of organizations in college because word will spread so much quicker. If more food service workers are aware that they can donate food without facing any legal repercussions involving food safety/liability, I think that donations from these places will increase.

4. tintlel

I really enjoyed reading this! I think this is such a great idea because college students waste so much food that is still edible and some people living in impoverished communities could really benefit from it. Especially as freshman you come in seeing the abundance of food that is at your fingertips in dining halls and grab as much as you can on your plate, only to realize there is no way you can eat all of it. This is awesome.