"eating is an agricultural act" --Wendell Berry, The Pleasures of Eating

Food Chains Documentary

“Food Chains” is the most recent food documentary to be released (November 21, 2014), and I highly recommend it. It dives into the history of farm labor in the United States, which goes back to slavery, and shows how unfair labor conditions still are. It focuses on the CIW and how they are revolutionizing farm labor in the United States. Farmworkers live well below the poverty line, only making an average of $12,000 per year. Sexual harassment of female farmworkers is a huge issue and the documentary states that about 80% of these women experience sexual harassment in the fields. The CIW developed the Fair Food program, which asks large retailers like supermarkets and fast food restaurants to pay a penny more per pound of tomatoes and to refuse to buy tomatoes from farms with human rights violations. Even though this only represents a portion of farmworkers in the U.S., I think that this program, as well as documentaries like Food Chains that depict the problems associated with farm labor, can go far in educating Americans on the issues and solutions that exist in agriculture.

1. sexdollblog

It as hard to find experienced people on this topic, however, you sound like you know what you are talking about! Thanks Sex Doll Blog

2. kukidoll

I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I actually believed you’d have something interesting to say.

3. japanese sexdoll

sex doll Man, how to make you last more in bed Different Sorts of Genuine Doll Anime tell you more about silicone sex doll What to do with a resigning sex doll?

4. bbw sex doll

custom made sex doll Is It Alright To Feel A Profound Friendship For Your Adoration Doll?

5. Jennifer Oddo

Sounds like a very relevant issue that is finally being discussed via documentaries. There is so much hidden about our food industry that must be discussed, and it is outlets like these media sources. I will definitely watch this documentary over break and look forward to spreading awareness of these assaults in our food industry. Thanks for sharing!