"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

Climate Tools Seek to Bend Nature’s Path

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/10/science/earth/climate-tools-seek-to-bend-natures-path.html?_r=1

The solution to global warming is mining more rocks says on geochemist, Dr. Schuiling.  This green-tinted mineral, olivine, is abundant around the work and can slowly take carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.  Spreading this around roadways, play grounds, gardens etc. can help reduce global warming.  In Norway, they have already begun to spread olivine around and there is a company called greenSands that sells olivine sand for home and commercial use.  Critics of this solution say that this process will take too long to make a difference.  There are other carbon sequestering solutions people have come up with, like spraying sulfuric acid droplets into the atmosphere so it can reflect the suns rays.  The solar radiation management could be a quick fix to reduce global temperatures but result in dire consequences.  Overall, I think olivine is a better route to take because the best and safest results require patience and happen over time.

1. Rachel Barron

I think this is a very interesting solution and although I don’t know how well it would work I think it is great to hear about the different solutions people are coming up with. It makes me have a more positive outlook on climate change when I hear about all these different inventions and creative ideas that people have as a solution- it makes me think we’re not totally doomed!