"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

Solar Bike Paths

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/10/363023227/solar-bike-path-opens-this-week-in-the-netherlands

Outside of Amsterdam in a town called Krommenie, crystalline silicon solar cells in durable casing will double as a bike path for citizens and solar panels to feed into the national energy grid. I don’t know, guys, northern Europe and Scandinavia sound pretty smart.

With years of testing, the panels have to be skid resistant and strong, yet translucent and dirt repellent to absorb sunlight. The first ever of its kind, the section laid down last week stretches for 230 feet. Although flat surfaces won’t be as efficient as panels on rooftops, the path should produce enough energy to run two or three households for a year.

There might be more like this coming our way! The article mentions a project based in Idaho called “Solar Roadways.”

In terms of recent readings, do you think technology like this has a place in a sustainable vision for the future?

1. ติดต่อ hokabet

Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article.Really thank you! Keep writing.

2. 123พลัส

Good information from you again.

3. เว็บพนัน

I am highly grateful to you for sharing useful information with the users

4. ebet casino

Everything is really fitting. This was new knowledge that I had never seen before.

5. [url=http://www.eevance.com/tokei/hermes/index.html]スーパーコピーロレックス,スーパーコピーロレックス時計通販スーパー コピー品その他の世界一流ロレックススーパーコピー時計品を扱っています。ヴィトン コピー、ヴィトン コピー 激安(N品)専門店”[/url]

6. Rachel Barron

Also I just love the Netherlands because they bike everywhere. I know it’s super flat and much easier to do over their but when I travelled there it was awesome! You were more likely to get hit by a bike than a car. Not only is it more environmentally friendly, it’s good for your health.

7. Rachel Barron

SOLAR FREAKING ROADWAYS!! Ahahah I love this! I may have to move to Europe just because they are so much more advanced than we are. Everyone says more testing needs to be done, we don’t have the money, it’s not going to work, it’ll take to long. Well if we would stop dragging on feet and jump on the bandwagon we could be 1. creating jobs, 2. making money and 3. helping our environment and ourselves. How hard is that to agree with?

8. Brittany Flynn

Yes I think it has a future. We need to change our infrastructure so it can help with environmental problems. America needs solar roadways!!!