"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

Social Media, the new mailing list for Environmental Organizations & Honey Bees

So a while ago I subscribed to this emailing list through facebook that keeps me up to date with stemming issues currently going on in the environmental community. It turns out that in fact the mailing list is linked to an environmental organization called Sum of Us. Relating this too our most recent Bosso chapter, Sum of Us occupies a very unique advocacy niche that is the product of technological innovation. Furthermore, it’s mission is to share global awareness on current environmental issues and promote a sustainable path for the future through mass social media. I found this very unique because the organization occupies a niche that could be very popular in terms of membership in years down the road as the younger generations of society get older and take leadership roles in their respective communities. They also make it very easy for people to donate money, or sign an electronic petition. This ease of participation from a microeconomics perspective could very well grow the organization exponentially because more times than not the average person will act morally if the moral option is available and manageable.

Nevertheless, I only bring up this because I would not know about a growing fight with new pesticide regulations that could have adverse effects on pollinators in the mid-west without being on Sum of Us’s social media list. To give a short background to the article, pollinators, most notably honey bees and monarch butterflies, have experienced large declines in their respective populations over the past few decades; this is incredibly bad because without pollinators our ecosystems do not work. A new petition put together by Syngenta aims  to increase the tolerable neonicotinoid pesticide level by 400 times! This to me is messed up. The pesticide is scientifically proven to destroy the immune systems of honeybees, our most prominent pollinator in the midwest where this pesticide would be mostly used. The even more frightening detail is that the EPA is considering Syngenta’s proposal. As educated individuals we cannot have another bald eagle incident. To get involved go on sumofus.com. And if you don’t believe me read the article http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060005321

1. banisport

very good post.

2. Angkor99

This post is good and useful
    https://www.download-boosters.com/
    Hope it continues to provide useful information for everyone, thank you