"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

Is it possible to grow the world economy, while tackling global warming?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140916-climate-economy-report-sustainability/

A report title “Better Growth, Better Climate: The New Climate Economy Report” recently came out on behalf of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate. It calls for an adjustment of policies so that the trillions of dollars that is to be spent on infrastructure in the coming years will be shifted from high-carbon systems to low-carbon systems. The report came out a week before world leaders will meet in New York to discuss global warming issues at the United Nations Climate Summit. It calls for a carbon tax on emissions and a phaseout of subsidies on fossil fuels. The report claims that #3 trillion dollars could be saved in capital infrastructure expenses. While many people applauded the report, some skeptics think that the goals laid out are unfeasible.

There have been may attempts to regulate global warming, and mitigate climate change- most of which have not been successful. What is different about this report that will change people’s opinions? I will be interested to see how the UN Climate Summit reacts and what conclusions they draw.

1. download songs

Your posts really stick out the content is interesting and simple to understand. Despite reading a lot of other websites, I still like yours.

Musico

2. qarim

blem with a policy like this is that not everyone will sign it especially developing countries. This then leads to the United States not signing because they do not want to limit the economy for entirely for the sake of the environment. Furthermore, I think we need more in house policies that fit our
    Musico

3. wiliam

Macan Band – “Gheseye Man” > New Song > Download With Text And 320 & 128 Links In Musico

4. download songs

MusicFA

5. Jack Levi

He did such a good job at showing that it’s not climate action OR an economy that benefits most people, but that action on the climate crisis WILL benefit most people. Changing our way of living to reduce climate change will not make our lives worse, but better! Thank you for this talk!

6. Mughal Labs

Keep up the great work. Thank you for the blog. your article is very informative and very useful

7. Jasmine

Keep up the great work. Thank you for the blog.
    EASYSIGHT

8. Michael Beyer

I;m curious if anything came to fruition after this summit. Also, I’m a proponent of an enhanced alternative energy sector. Policy-wise, I think phasing out fossil fuels is not administratively feasible at this point. I think it needs to happen, but our government is lubricated by money from the oil industry. So, it is wishful thinking that fossil fuels subsidies could be phased out. Possibly, elevating alternative subsidies could be the way to go, but I am looking forward to observing innovative alternative energies push the industry and make it more attractive in the future.

9. Jeremy Cooley

Unfortunately, I think the skeptics in this case might be right. The main problem with a policy like this is that not everyone will sign it especially developing countries. This then leads to the United States not signing because they do not want to limit the economy for entirely for the sake of the environment. Furthermore, I think we need more in house policies that fit our needs and promote innovations in renewables before we can agree to a global policy.