2 Replies to “Vertical Farming (Bozzi)”

1. I thought you did a great job on this. The music in the background added an extra dynamic and your introduction made it seem like you were narrating a story which was awesome. I also thought your charts and maps really helped hammer home the points you were trying to make. These visualizations proved what you were narrating about. I didn’t know how frequent the use of green houses were in agriculture production. Also, I was not aware how intertwined the agriculture sustainability movement was to the general EPA movement and how much more efficient it is to use vertical farming rather than horizontal farming. The only critique I have for your project is that at some points you were speaking very quickly and it was tough to understand exactly what you were saying. Next time, I think it would be to your advantage to not rush through and maybe add less information that you talk about so you don’t have to rush when your talking about it.

2. Great video. I had very little knowledge on vertical farming before watching this video, but am now much more educated on the subject. You did an excellent job of tracking different forms of farming in history and gave extensive background context on the implications that resulted from each time period. You also made the material very easy to follow and did well at looking towards future impacts associated with this new form of crop production. I really enjoyed the slide describing the land efficiency of vertical farming as opposed to other forms of farming. That as well as its immunity to climate and low operating costs makes it seem like it could be instrumental to food production in the future.

It is difficult to find many flaws with your video. One suggestion that I might give is to slow down some of the middle slides. You rushed and it was difficult to understand all of the information. As a whole this was a very good video that taught me a lot about a new agricultural technology. Good work.

3. Really great video George! Vertical farming is a really interesting topic and something I knew pretty much nothing about before watching it. At first I was concerned that you were going to go too far back into history, but I think the context you had by going all the way back to the beginnings of agriculture actually worked well, especially since you skipped a whole bunch of time in the middle! I personally would’ve liked to know a little bit more about the history of agriculture, since I know so little about it, but maybe that’s just my history major talking! I also think you do a great job of examining these sociocultural factors, I guess I innately knew that population growth probably would impact agriculture, but you laid it out really well here.

I would’ve liked to hear a little bit more about what the USA, specifically, is doing about vertical farming, especially given that we grow so much of the world’s food as is. At times you also talked pretty fast, but I know you had a lot of information to get through! All in all though I think this is a really well done project—it flowed really well and I liked that you had the music running through it. Great job!