About Me

I was a product of the New York City public education system before I attended Hunter College (one of the City Universities of New York). At Hunter, I majored in philosophy by following the departmental concentration in “philosophy, politics, and society” and I additionally minored in religion. I received my Bachelor of Arts with honors. I then attended St. John’s University where I received my Master of Arts in government and politics, with concentrations in political theory and American politics. In November 2020, I successfully defended my dissertation in Temple University’s department of political science. I am currently a Visiting Assistant Professor at Lafayette College in the department of Government and Law where I teach courses on race and ethnicity, American politics, and political theory.

Although I spent nearly six years living in Philadelphia, I strongly identify with my birthplace, Queens, New York. The borough is home to over 2 million people who speak over 800 languages; it is cited as the most diverse large county in the world. Being born and raised in Queens is a unique experience that allowed me to meet people from an incredible array of racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. I have attended Hindu religious ceremonies and have eaten authentic Czech cooking. I have learned from the experience of recent Nepalese immigrants, and have had to ask for translations from Magyar (Hungarian). I have attended Greek festivals, Colombian parties, Armenian churches, Indian weddings, and countless Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. Being from Queens shaped my worldview, inspired my continuous commitment to social justice, and made me the person I am today.

Outside of my academic life, I enjoy animation (watching it, not creating it), Jeopardy!, a variety of sports, hot sauce, and listening to lots of music from a wide array of genres. I enjoy documentaries on outer space, and nature as I don’t get to frequent either locale too often. I live with my long-term girlfriend and our little rescue dog, Katie (bonus dog photo!) in Warrington, Pennsylvania. After having immersed ourselves in Philadelphia’s many wonderful food options, local craft breweries, numerous historical sites, expansive parks, and fantastic used book stores, we are now continuing our journey in Bucks County. Together, we’ve participated in volunteering and fundraising for causes such as the Special Olympics, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and dog rescue.

Please feel free to contact me for any additional information (or even more dog pics!).