The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Lehigh Valley Engaged Humanities Consortium (LVEHC) is pleased to announce its first award recipients. We are excited to follow these wonderful projects as they develop; we hope that you will follow their progress on our blog and join us for the upcoming events!
Course Development and Enhancement:
- Dr. Aggie Bazaz, Muhlenberg College – Documentary Storymaking Capstone
- Greta Bergstresser, Lafayette College – Documentary Photography
- Dr. Deborah Byrd, Lafayette College and the Easton Area Neighborhood Center- Single Motherhood in the Contemporary U.S.: Myths and Realities
- Dr. LuAnn Fletcher and Dr. Elizabeth Ortiz, Cedar Crest College – Narrating Lives: Telling Stories of Ourselves and Our Community
- Dr. Jill Odegaard, Cedar Crest College and the Episcopal Church of the Mediator Refugee Community Center– Storytelling Through Object Making: Techniques for Visual Narratives
- Cedar Crest College Department of History, Literature and Languages and the Bradbury Sullivan LGBT Center – Staceyann Chin Lecture
- Lafayette College Film and Media Studies and the Village on College Hill – Summer Film Series
- NAACP Easton Branch #2260, the Northampton County Genealogical Society and Lafayette College Libraries – A Celebration of Black History in Easton
- Moravian College, Lehigh University, Muhlenberg College, and ArtsQuest – The Chinese Exclusion Act Screening and Talk-Back
Each project will be featured in our blog section, and public events will be advertised on our Upcoming Events calendar. You can view upcoming calls for proposals and granting guidelines in our Proposals and Deadline section, review our FAQs and/or contact us with any questions.