True Detective Season 2

So I’m a little late to the True Detective game but having watched a solid 3 and a half episodes I have to say so far it’s pretty good. It’s no Breaking Bad, but it’s got a good storyline and McConaughey’s acting  is superb so I can see why it’s garnered such a big following. The creators of the show recently announced that they’ll be taking the American Horror Story route and will change it’s cast and setting for season 2, which has led many to speculate who this new crime fighting duo could be. So far there have been no announcements about who will play the roles of these hard nosed detectives in season 2 so I thought it’d be fun to come up with 3 famous duos worthy of being the next tag team in the True Detective franchise. Here’s what I came up with:

Turner and Hooch

Turner and Hooch

Sure it might seem a bit unorthodox, but I think Turner and Hooch are  the obvious choice here. Turner could be Harrelson: a tough, hard working detective and loving father and Hooch could be his wildcard counterpart. Turner and Hooch’s chemistry would translate well to a miniseries and would finally get them the Academy recognition they deserve.

Clint Eastwood and his Imaginary Gun 

Angry Clint

If Clint Eastwood taught us anything in Gran Torino it’s your don’t mess with an old man and his finger gun. While technically not a duo, this choice would give Clint a chance to play an aging loner cop who’s got one last chance to prove he’s still got what it takes to take down bad guys. And let’s be honest, we all miss Clint’s badass side so this would be a great chance for him to bring his fury back to the screen.

Redford and Newman

jumanji 4

Ok so this one is not possible, but imagine how cool it’d be if it was. Newman and Redford are the most manly duo the world has ever seen, so naturally they’d be a good choice for this one. They’ve experienced the wrong side of the law as cowboys and conmen, so it only makes sense they’d make damn good detectives.