Expressing a view point from Friday

In lieu of the discussion we had on Friday I would like to bring in an outside source that was given to me by a friend with a similar universally objective take on things in life. He gave me this article from the Washington post http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-progressive-ideas-behind-the-lack-of-free-speech-on-campus/2015/02/20/93086efe-b0e7-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html. The article has, what I’d like think as, a nice take on Identity Politics that sometimes feel as though they been become overly absorbed into our everyday lives. When, or rather if you choose to read this article I would ask that you keep one of the key arguments in Jean-Louis Baudry’s Ideological Effects of the Basic Cinematographic Apparatus  in mind; the argument which expresses the need to objectively study the cinematographic apparatus. Believing that the ideological surplus that comes with concealing the work lens could be used to dangerous ends if, as spectators, we forget the concealment of the work lens. In the spirit of that fear this article, in my opinion, serves as a wonderful example of the possible consequences in choosing to focus too heavily on identity politics when studying, for the sake of our class in this case, the cinematographic apparatus.