"eating is an agricultural act" --Wendell Berry, The Pleasures of Eating

Chicken Factory Farmer Speaks Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9l94b3x9U

SUCH an interesting video. Goes along with my research presentation on chickens and eggs. Perdue is a company that focuses on profit and profit alone, not the consumer or the humane treatment of chickens. Worth the watch.

1. Shawn Hogan

After watching a video like this one, I love to repeat my mantra: “So glad I don’t economically support Purdue.” This farmer is incredibly brave for speaking out, though I can imagine he will probably lose his contract. Perhaps that’s what he wanted all along….
    This just goes to show that these large companies bank on the fact that consumers don’t want to know the truth or will just be satisfied blankly trusting their marketing campaigns. These companies could probably, with ease, discredit this video despite its overwhelming lack of vagueness. Overall, don’t eat non-local meat. It’s as simple as that.

2. Samantha Gleich

This video is definitely aimed to appeal to a viewers emotions. The videos of the adorable chicks being smushed and abused are so heartbreaking and definitely make the audience feel as sense of anger towards purdue and the poultry farming industry as a whole. It is absurd that these companies are apparently following proper “standards” and “guidelines” regarding animal rights and operation quality, as it is quite clear that these animal farms are not operating under humane practices. These animal farms must be monitored more strictly to ensure proper practices.