"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

Conservatives Fighting over Eric Gardner Verdict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLCMtvm43M

The tragedy that is the recent Eric Gardner verdict has spurred a lot of anger towards the government and  civil rights anguish  because many believe the case should have at least went to trial. In truth most people believe the courts got this one wrong, there was enough video evidence to at least justify a trial unlike in the Michael Brown case. With that said their are many who still believe what the cop did was right. One of those people, being the notorious Sean Hannity. In a recent video he fights with another conservative Rand Paul over the verdict and honestly by the end it left me speechless because its hard to believe a person could support such unnecessary police brutality like that. Even more appalling Hannity doesn’t even agree to the fact Eric Gardner did not need to die. In conclusion watch the video and become just as concerned about how stubborn people like this still exist in society.

1. Michael Beyer

Its interesting to me that this video clip shows the discussion as even contentious. Clearly Rand Paul was getting frustrated with Hannity’s stubbornness. I think simple stubbornness is a major issue with society these days. People are so closed-minded that they often cannot process the reality of a situation which I deem as unfortunate. As for actions to take against this, education has to be the way. If people can be taught to be stubborn, they can be taught to be open-minded, I hope. Objectivity is so important when analyzing an issue and it is a shame that so many people do not understand this.