Earlier this month, I participated in the XV International Scientific Research Congress organized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology of the Dominican Republic (DR). In this congress, there were more than 300 presentations given by researchers from over 20 countries.  I had the honor to present as one of the 5 keynote speakers of the event, and discuss how Machine Learning and AI technologies are key elements of the 4th Industrial Revolution.  I also presented our unsupervised machine learning method to cluster patients based on their genomic signatures.

During this trip, I met with multiple deans and department heads from universities in DR interested in developing innovative research in the area of ML and intelligent decision support systems. However, the most gratifying moment was to see all the students interested in learning about ML. Specifically, how to train and evaluate ML models during the workshop I gave at the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo.

Looking forward to next year (here are some pictures of the congress and the workshop).