– Coordinate efforts to promote awareness of recycling on campus: signs, videos, work closely with Sustainability Committee and Professor Nicodemus
– Plan campaign for awareness once Lafayette shifts to single-stream recycling
– Price ideal 3-section bin options (landfill, recycling, compost), design for effective labeling
– Plan a recycling brown-bag
– email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
– LEAP will be designing the recycling signage for our campus. This will include images of common items found on campus, a detailed yet concise explanation of what can be recycled, composted, or recycled (and where). Please email Alexa Gatti <email@example.com> if you would like to get involved in this process.
– We will be building “shadow boxes” to be placed above waste receptacles. These boxes would display the actual items found in the specific dining hall that can be recycled, composted, or sent to the trash. We hope to have these completed by the Earth Day Picnic on 4/22 so we can present them to the campus! If you are interested in joining the building team (particularly if you have experience with tools or painting), please contact Alexa Gatti <firstname.lastname@example.org>.