"eating is an agricultural act" --Wendell Berry, The Pleasures of Eating

Expiration Dates are Invalid!!

Many corporations are realizing that “enjoy by”, “sell buy”, or “best-before” labels on foods are not legitimate, they are just from the manufacture that are gauging when their food will be the tastiest. You can eat most of these food items up to a few weeks after their due by dates. People throwing away lots of food due to abiding by this date, are tremendously adding to the massive food waste our world has today. A new food labeling system called Cue Bump Mark’s goal is to reduce unnecessary tossing of foods. The only issue to this Cue Bump Mark industry is that the sticker will cost more than the original “best by” sticker.

I think it’s worth it. Do you?

Read more: http://grist.org/list/food-expiration-dates-are-garbage-heres-a-new-label-thatll-make-you-think-before-you-toss/

1. Art Attackk

Key Takeaways Expiration date for derivatives is the final date on which the derivative is valid. After that time, the contract has expired. Depending on the type of derivative, the expiration date can result in different outcomes. Art Attackk

2. tintlel

I think this Cue Bump Mark industry sticker is worth it, yeah it’ll increase the cost by a little bit but its worth it if it’ll help lower food waste. I know I am guilty of throwing food out if it is past the date; this new sticker would help me to know when it would actually be expired.