Meta Post – Trespassing

We set aside two and a half hours for our trip. From the start I was in the mindset of exploring and wasn’t bothered by the fact that Aaron and I had to find our location. We were dropped off in the wrong location and realized after the car left that our location wasn’t in a walkable location. I knew the general direction of the factory but not exactly. It was on the west side of the river and we were on the east side. The only thing separating Aaron and I to the Pigment Plant was the river and another factory. Not wanting to trespass too much we decided to find another way across the river. We walked along the road and found a trail that seemed to lead down to the river, we went down the trail on a whim. Thankfully it lead right to the river but then we had to find a way across. At first we tried walking up and down the bank to find some cluster of rocks that would serve as a bridge across, however nature does not work like that and there was no clear way across. Determined to cross the river I somehow convinced Aaron to cross right on the top of the dam ignoring the many signs that told us not to.

I did not expect the water to be as deep as it was crossing the damn but we were already half way across. Upon reaching the other side with our shoes soaking wet we found two paths, one to a building and one up a hill towards a tower. The path down to the building just led towards people we knew would get mad at us for being on their property so we turned around and tried path number two. The second path lead to another building even bigger than the fist one but we wanted to get further in. We left the path and walked through the woods to a large rock formation to get a better vantage point. Climbing over rocks, fallen trees, and thick brush we made it to a fence that marked the end of our journey. We set aside two hours for our trip, I didn’t think it would take that long but looking at my watch when we got back, we took three hours.