Snoozing for shower time

As I mentioned in a previous post, long showers are my favorite kind of stress reliever. Your doctor suggests it when you’re sick, your parents advise it when you are tired and your peers urge it if you are having trouble focusing. A shower does cure approximately 101 ailments. However since I am reducing shower time, a long shower is not in my game plan. And since my stress level has only increased with the end of the semester upon us, that barrier is out. Now the name of my alarms for the morning read: sleep more, shower less. This is both a benefit increaser and a barrier reducer. I have set my alarm a little later and do not hesitate to hit snooze for extra some extra Zzzzs.

I have also created a way to time my showers without setting an alarm. The only downside is I can only utilize it on the weekends, which still kills two birds with one stone. On the weekends I am prone to taking longer showers due to lack of urgency. I am not waking up early or rushing to class. I now make a playlist with a few songs depending on the complete length of time it takes to play them. I then play it on a speaker while I shower so I can mentally know when I clocked in.

Yes, I would tap that snooze button. Snooze for less shower time.

Moving forward I could definitely see myself continuing with this behavior. It does save me time and create efficiency if I have little time on my hands. Also if I am craving the relaxation from a long hot shower, at home I can take a bath with Epson salts, creating the same long-hot-steamy-shower effect. While at school this is not an option, this reward would aid bringing my sustainable behavior home with me. However my biggest challenge lay ahead: Thanksgiving break. After a high stress second to last week of classes and in preparation for the procrastinated work load that accompanies the last week of classes, it will definitely be a trying time for my sustainable behavior.