Put The Phone Down….

no-iphone

So, yes if you were wondering I do have over 16,500 tweets and yes, if you were wondering that is a lot.  If you put two and two together that does mean I am on my phone a lot.  I am not proud to say that I am big user of my phone whether it be twitter, facebook, Instagram, or any of the other applications that have taken over the society that we live in today.  And because I use my phone so much I have to charge my phone whenever I can.  If I go into my room for even five minutes I plug my phone in just to get a little charge and that is where my challenge comes in.  I have decided that I am not going to charge my phone like I have done in the past.  This will not be easy for me and that is the fun of it because it’s not supposed to be easy.  I accept this challenge and I think it will be good for two reasons.  First off it will save energy, which is always good and secondly it will make me put my phone down.  I won’t want to use it as much because I will want to save battery and this will allow me to be engaged more with my friends, family, or acquaintances.  My friends and family have a saying for whenever we are on our phones, which is “wish you were here” so I am also excited to hear less of that.  Saving energy and being present in the moment are the outcomes I want from this challenge and I am excited to get it started.  So specifically, I am not going to plug my phone in more then twice a day.  I know that is not going to save a monumental amount of energy but every little bit helps.  So, yeah, twitter may miss me a little and instagram probably won’t be the same without me but my mom will be happy with me for saving energy and my friends will be happy that I am not always on my phone anymore.  The pros definitely outweigh the cons.  Follow me on my journey here!  See you on the other side!