Haiti 2012

Hey Everyone!

Haiti in one week! Can you believe it? I am not sure if it really has set in for me as it has for some of my fellow Haiti travelers. I mention the travel plans at least briefly to all I come by, but despite me talking about it quite frequently, it still feels as if the trip is months away. To help prepare for the trip, I took anti-malarial medicine today. I also stopped by a local hunting store and purchased insect repellent with a 98.1% DEET concentration. If that does not keep the mosquitoes away from me, I do not know what will! I still have lots to do, including running to the bank to exchange twenties for singles and buying work gloves. Like Jiselle, I am excited to escape this cold weather we have in Pennsylvania at the moment, even if it means being hot, sticky, and exhausted from a long day of rebuilding homes. From this trip, I hope, foremost, to give back to a community that has had many things taken from them by mother nature. I also hope to be a more well-rounded, knowledgable, and appreciative person when I arrive home. I hope this service trip goes smoothly and that it is the positive experience that I anticipate it to be for all.

See you all in a week!

-Morgan

2 Replies to “Haiti 2012”

1. Hey there! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good job!