Select student samples from classes I teach, organized thematically:
1. Project-based learning and connecting to cultural content
• Documentary on La Cote d’Ivoire, reflection on the process and the technology -new to us at the time!(final project Elementary French)
• An ad: watches (mid-term project in elementary French)
• Interactive i-Book on history–pdf version (mid-term project Intermediate French)
2.Guided proficiency development in the modes through nested portfolio assignments
• A weekly-reading blog by a physics student (Elementary French). The students read what interests them.
•Structure of a course portfolio :Fren111 for student selections of signature semester work
•J’écris for writing samples (subdivision 1 of Fren111),
•Je lis for interpretive listening and text samples (subdivision 2 of Fren111),
•Je parle for presentational speaking,
•Reflection summary: reflection on language study.
•Mapping continuity in the French program :
•Mapping proficiency in a Guided Independent Arabic program for which I was the director-course designer.
Select student samples from the colleagues involved in the portfolio-badge initiative:
•Mapping writing development in Intermediate Spanish across the semester
•Demonstration of process writing in Japanese: draft and final version
•Mapping literary analysis in Spanish
•A capstone, bilingual portfolio in Spanish and Art
•A Capstone Course portfolio in German and Neuroscience
•iWorld Silver Badge awardee