- M.I. Teboh-Ewungkem, J. Mohammed-Awel, F. Baliraine and S.M. Duke-Sylvester. The role of human movement on the spread of drug-resistant malaria during Intermittent Preventive Treatment (IPT) usage. Submitted 2013.
- C.A. Ngonghala, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, and G. A. Ngwa. Chaotic dynamics in an SIS malaria model, Submitted 2013.
- C.A. Ngonghala, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, and G. A. Ngwa. Persistent oscillations and backward bifurcation in a malaria model with varying human and mosquito populations: implications for control, Submitted 2013.
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Editorial: Malaria Models, Mathematical Population Studies, 20: 55-56 (2013). doi:10.1080/08898480.2013.777234.
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, G. A. Ngwa and C.A. Ngonghala. Models and proposals for malaria: a Review, Mathematical Population Studies, 20: 57-81 (2013). doi:10.1080/08898480.2013.777237.
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem and M. Wang , Male fecundity and optimal gametocyte sex ratios for Plasmodium falciparum during incomplete fertilization, J. Theor. Biol. 307, 183–192 (2012). DOI: 10.1016/j.bbr.2011.03.031.
- C.A. Ngonghala, G. A. Ngwa and M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Periodic Oscillations and Backward Bifurcation in a Model for the Dynamics of Malaria Transmission. Math. Biosci. 240(1), 45-62 (2012). DOI: /10.1016/j.mbs.2012.06.003.
- S. Nourridine, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, G. A. Ngwa, A mathematical model of the population dynamics of disease transmitting vectors with spatial consideration, Journal of Biological Dynamics 5(4), 335–365 (2011). DOI: 10.1080/17513758.2010.508540
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem and T. Yuster, A Within-Vector Mathematical Model of Plasmodium Falciparum and Implications of Incomplete Fertilization on Optimal Gametocyte Sex Ratio, J. Theor. Biol., 264(2):273-86 (2010). DOI: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2009.12.017
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, C. N. Podder and A. B. Gumel, Mathematical Study of the Role of Gametocytes and an Imperfect Vaccine on Malaria Transmission Dynamics, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology (BMB), 72 (1): 63-93, (2010). DOI: 10.1007/s11538-009-9437-3
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, T. Yuster and N. H. Newman, A Mathematical Model of the Within — Vector Dynamics of the Plasmodium Falciparum Protozoan Parasite, In Infectious Disease Modelling Research Progress, (J.M. Tchuenche and C. Chiyaka, eds), Nova Science Publishers, pp. 177-199 (2010).
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Malaria Control: The Role of Local Communities as Seen through a Mathematical Model in a Changing Population-Cameroon, In Advances in Disease Epidemiology (J.M. Tchuenche and Z. Mukandavire, eds), Nova Science Publishers, pp. 103-140 (2009).
- A. H. Lin Erickson, A. Wise, S. Fleming, M. Baird, Z. Lateef, A. Molinaro, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, and L. De Pillis, A preliminary mathematical model of skin dendritic cell trafficking and induction of T cell immunity. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems- Series B (DCDS B), 12 (2): 323 – 336 (2009) PDF.
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem and coauthors: T. Contenza, M. Cox, J. Novak, M. Vanderschoot, Teaching Module-Modeling Biological Populations, DIMACS Educational Module Series , 8 ( 4 ): 1-27 (2008).
- (Monograph) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem , The Mathematics of Oxygen and Substrate Diffusion: Mathematical Analysis of Oxygen, Myoglobin-Facilitated Oxygen and Substrate Diffusion within an Interacting Multi-capillary System in Skeletal Muscle, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, ISBN 978-3-639-09777-1, (2008).
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem and E. P. Salathe, The Role of Countercurrent Exchange in Preventing Hypoxia in Skeletal Muscle, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology (BMB), 68 (8): 2191-2204, (2006).
- M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem and E. P. Salathe, Substrate Diffusion from an Array of Capillaries with Co-current and Counter-Current Flow, Mathl. Comput. Modelling, 42: 17-30 (2005).
- Buea International Conference on Mathematical Science, The Society of Mathematical Biology (SMB) Newsletter , 23: 3 (September 2010).
- Report on the International Conference on Differential Equations and Applications in Mathematical Biology, The Society of Mathematical Biology (SMB) Newsletter , 17: 3 (September 2004).
Invited Seminar Talks
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Department of Mathematics, NJ, April 2, 2013. Title: Complex Dynamics in a Model for the Vector-Borne Disease Malaria.
- Dartmouth College Shapiro Visitor and Presenter, New Hampshire, March 2, 2010. Title: A within-mosquito mathematical model of the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum and some implications for malaria control.
- NIH (National Institute of Health) Scientific Seminar Series, Bethesda, MD, January 27, 2009. Title: Mathematical modeling of the within-vector dynamics of Plasmodium falciparum: single and mixed strains.
- Morgan State University Seminar Series Guest Speaker, Dixon Research Center, Morgan State University, March 1, 2007. Title: A mathematical model to study the impact of the recovery rate on the dynamics and transmission of malaria in a changing population: Case of Cameroon.
- Lafayette College BioConnections Speaker, Lafayette College, October 30, 2006. Title: A mathematical model of a vector-borne infectious disease – Malaria.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, January, 2004. Title: Counter-current and co-current flow of oxygen and substrate transport in a multi-capillary system in skeletal muscles.
- Lehigh University, Mathematical Biology Colloquium, December, 2003. Title: Malaria dynamics in an endemic region.
- Moravian College Seminar Series, May, 2003. Title: Malaria Epidemics.
- Lehigh University, Graduate Student Colloquium, January, 2002. Title: Transport of oxygen and substrate with and without the inclusion of a facilitator across the capillary in the microcirculation.
- University of Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Guest Speaker, August, 2001. Title: The dynamics and transmission of malaria.
- (Keynote Speaker) PASSHEMA (Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Mathematics Association) Annual Conference, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, April 19 and 20th 2013. Title: Modeling and Control of Malaria: The impact of the Anopheles mosquito lifestyle, feeding and reproductive habits.
- (Invited Speaker at 2 different sessions) 9th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications , Orlando, Florida, USA, July 1 – 5, 2012.
Special Session-Modeling and Dynamics of Infectious Diseases: Talk Title- Heterogeneity in the infectiousness of humans in the dynamics of malaria transmission and control.
Special Session-Mathematical Models in Biology and Medicine: Talk Title- Optimization of P. falciparum gametocyte sex ratios via competitive and non-competitive strategies: the evolutionary implications.
- ICIAM 2011: 7th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July, 18-22, 2011. Title: Role of heterogeneity in infectiousness of humans on the dynamics of malaria transmission and control.
- (Invited Speaker) CAARMS17 and IPAM: 17th Annual Conference for African American Researchers in the Mathematical Science, IPAM, Los Angeles, June, 1-4, 2011. Title: Hopf and Backward Bifurcations in a new SIS Malaria Model.
- (Contributed Speaker) AMS Joint Mathematics Meetings, AMS book of Abstracts, [abstract: 1067-92-735] , New Orleans, LA, pp 254-255, January 6-9, 2011. Talk Title: A mathematical model to highlight the importance of vector demography in malaria dynamics and control.
- (Keynote Speaker) SAMSA (Southern Africa Mathematical Sciences Association) conference, Gaborone, Botswana, November 29, 2010. Talk Title: A new way to model the dynamics of malaria transmission showing natural occurring oscillations.
- (Invited Speaker) Blackwell-Tapia Conference 2010, MBI, Ohio State University, Ohio, November 6, 2010. Talk Title: A new SIS malaria model with vector demography showing natural occurring oscillations.
- Thomas Yuster, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Nathan Newman, A Mathematical Model of the Within – Vector Dynamics of the Plasmodium Falciparum Protozoan Parasite, 2009 International Conference on Mathematical Biology and Annual Meeting of the Society of Mathematical Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, July 27-30, 2009.
- (Contributed Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Tom Yuster, Nathan Newman, A Mathematical Model of the Within -Vector Dynamics of the Plasmodium Falciparum Protozoan Parasite, 2009 SIAM Annual Meeting (AN09), Denver, July 6-10, 2009.
- (Contributed Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Mathematical Model to Quantify the Impact of the Recovery Rate on the Dynamics and Transmission of Malaria in a Changing Population: Case of Cameroon, AMS Joint Mathematics Meetings, AMS book of Abstracts, [abstract: 1046-92-714] , Washington, DC, pp 254-255, January 5-8, 2009. http://www.ams.org/amsmtgs/2110_abstracts/1046-92-714.pdf
- M. Baird, L. De Pillis, A. H. Lin Erickson, S. Fleming, Z. Lateef , H. Maurer, A. Molinaro, M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, and A. Wise, An Introductory Mathematical Model of Chronic Skin Inflammation, 7th AIMS International Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Book of Abstract, University of Texas Arlington, pp 209, May 18-21, 2008.
- (Invited Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, A uniformly valid composite solution for oxygen distribution, in skeletal muscle, within multiple capillaries and axial diffusion effects, AMS book of Abstracts-NAM session, San Antonio, January 12-15, 2006.
- (Contributed Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Effects of Axial Diffusion (Diffusion in the tissue in the direction parallel to the capillaries) on several interacting capillaries in skeletal muscles, SIAM Annual Conference, Book of Abstract, New Orleans, pp 107, July 11-15, 2005.
- (Invited Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Applying a multiple capillary substrate and oxygen transport model to drug targeting strategies for cancer chemotherapy, CAARMS11 and IPAM: 11th Annual Conference for African American Researchers in the Mathematical Science, IPAM, Los Angeles, June, 21-24, 2005.
- (Contributed Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Co-current and Counter current flow of oxygen and substrate transport from capillaries to tissue, International Conference for Mathematics in Biology and Medicine, Book of Abstracts, Ann Arbor, pp 41, July 2004.
- (Invited Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Mathematical Analysis of Co-current and Counter current flow in Tissue Capillary Exchange, International Conference on Applied Mathematics and Applications in Mathematical Biology, Book of Abstracts and also Conference Proceedings, Nanaimo, British Columbia, pp 27, July 2004.
- (Contributed Speaker) M. I. Teboh-Ewungkem, Mathematical Analysis of Oxygen and Substrate Transport in a Multi-capillary System, in Skeletal Muscle, International Conference on Mathematical Biology Book of Abstracts, Dundee, Scotland, pp 126, August 2003.