Secaucus Junction now Johnny Transit approved!

Yes, the rumors are true. Secaucus Junction is now my favorite way in and out of the city. I watched this station being constructed in the late 90s as I commuted to my office (at the time in Harmon Meadow/Mill Creek area of Secaucus) and after its completion, hoped and wished that it would soon feature a park and ride. Indeed, since 2009 it now has a place to pull off the NJTP (exit 15X, I LOVE THAT!!)  and park. Parking is as low as $5 (depending on when you get there) and the train ride is $8 round-trip. I first tried it out in late December on my way to the Vanguard for a Bad Plus concert. We were on our way in listening to WCBS 880 for traffic, and heard there was a 1 hour delay inbound on the Lincoln Tunnel, so we gave it a try. It took us 10 minutes to park and walk to the station, 12 minutes riding on the train. That was it. I was hooked. I recently went back with the fam and some friends, and again was delighted with the entire experience. Whether you say SE-caucus or se-CAUCUS, there’s no denying this gem is the best way in and out of town for the bridge and tunnel set.

One thought on “Secaucus Junction now Johnny Transit approved!