Some tips for editing

I’m currently editing these days. I somehow felt that I was stuck in the project after watching the footages hundreds of times. I think everyone has the same feeling. Literally losing judgement on the project. I took breaks and watched some films that might inspire me.

There is a intense running part in the end of my project, so I watched Run Lola Run, which includes a lot of running scenes. It also plays around with time as I am doing for my project. I learned some little techniques to make the end more intense and appealing from the running footage in Run Lola Run. So I would suggest that take breaks while editing and watch some films or videos that may relate to your projects to get some new ideas and inspirations.

I was also struggling with music. I was worried for not having music for some parts in my project, but after trying different ways, I think that for some parts, it is better to go without music. If you have to use music but couldn’t find the one you want, maybe try to use simple songs, rhythm, beats, or sound effects. I would say less is more in some cases of putting music since most of time we don’t have composers working specifically for our pieces.