Round 2 feedback

@Nick: I think you did a great job choosing your lead actress, she seemed to fit the character you were intending to create very well. Even without seeing the cartoon characters, there were distinct serious moments and humor which was great — the animation will only make it better. As far as the line about the bad guy, you don’t necessarily need it because so much can be said through the facial expressions and silence of the male. Even though he drives the conflict, he is sort of a passive character and that’s perfectly fine.

@Hubert: In terms of the love interest in jail, I didn’t think it was forced at all. It makes sense that somebody stuck in a depressing/limited/probably boring situation finds interest in a young female lawyer because she is beautiful, powerful, and accomplished. There’s a feel of anticipation/uncertainty in the air in terms of the relationship which is perfect for a drama series. It’s also an entertaining scenario for Nii, like how much attention can he get from her?

One thought on “Round 2 feedback

1. Sam,

Great presentation! As I mentioned at the event, after the reading I had a much clearer picture of your overall story. I think you put an incredible amount of effort into this and it shows. You created interesting characters and did an awesome job building out the world they live in. Just remember to send me tickets to the premiere! You better submit this to festivals.

-Scott